E_N_G_L_I_S_H-S_P_E_A_K_I_N_G Saturday, 2024-04-20, 1:17 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Defender, Debugger  
Forum » Main section » CHATTERBOX » Nicks - do they describe us?
Nicks - do they describe us?
MassagetDate: Saturday, 2009-01-10, 9:35 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Checked
Let's talk about the nicks that you have used. Why you chose such nick? Does it mean anything? What nicks you have used before? smile

As for me, my first nick was Frankenstein. I just liked the way it sounds. But then I decided to change it, as the name is mostly associated with negative thoughts.
And I have tried different nicks and stopped for Massaget. I am not 100% sure whether it's historically true, but they say Massagets lived in Central Asia and we are the descendants of them. I think some people know that Massagets won the war against Kir, Iranian King, with their Queen Tumaris. But I couldn't find much info in Wikipedia though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g21y2y_5KoY&feature=related

LALADate: Sunday, 2009-01-11, 10:20 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Massaget, Good question, i wonder as well. smile :)

I Don't remember if i talked to you, when u had other nicks.

oh my nicks history is very long surprised biggrin

MassagetDate: Sunday, 2009-01-11, 10:45 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Quote (LALA)
oh my nicks history is very long

I like long stories and I always wanted to know where LALA cam from. smile

CHICANA_LUVDate: Sunday, 2009-01-11, 2:20 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Group: Users
Well, I think if a person chooses a nick dat doesn't describe him/her - it's pretty stupid. Cuz ur nick is da 1st thing other ppl c & make conclusions from, as they can't c u personally while chattin online. IMHO ))

~Only God can judge me~

ZARYADate: Sunday, 2009-01-11, 3:41 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
I agree with Chicana on the fact that a person's nick should not be random, but should be identified with their personality and character. I believe it's even better when it's completed with a corresponding avatar. I chose mine because it defines nationality and has a certain historical coloring.

LALADate: Sunday, 2009-01-11, 5:33 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Quote (Massaget)
I like long stories and I always wanted to know where LALA cam from.

Oh really? tongue Ok, i will tell my nicks story. but i can't think now, it's so late here. cry I will tell tomorrow for sure happy

MassagetDate: Sunday, 2009-01-11, 10:32 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
ZARYA, you must be talking about "Kubanochka". But you don't live in Kuban'. You think it defines you more? What about Zarya, somebody's suggestion? smile How about Dark Dreamer? smile

LALA, you know that "Lala" is the name of a flower in our language. It's rose. smile Maybe you got it from turkish?

CHICANA_LUV, what would you conclude when you see a nick like, umm.... let's say "Blondilicious Zaraza"? biggrin

BooNDate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 1:41 AM | Message # 8
Newcomer
Group: Users
Helo everyone i kno! hello Jus wanted to add tht nicknames r not such things we usually end up thinkin ages about to best describe ourselves.. its usually quick decision based on our preferances. for me the less the nick makes sence the better hehe cranky
booze

LALADate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 8:45 AM | Message # 9
Colonel
BooN, BOOOOOOOOON kiss

Quote (Massaget)
you know that "Lala" is the name of a flower in our language. It's rose. smile Maybe you got it from Turkish?
I didn't know, even I didn't know if it was a name in Azerbaijan biggrin Oh, I like if it is a name of flower happy

ZARYADate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 9:15 AM | Message # 10
Sergeant
Massaget, Yes, I was talking about my nick Kubanochka! I don't have to be live there but it's related to my family! It's defines me enough and even more than Zarya and Dark Dreamer! BooN, cool avatar shades up LALA, Hello vampirka, I tried to catch u! v

LALADate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 10:21 AM | Message # 11
Colonel
I alws liked to change my nicks and don't even remember all of of then... but will talk about some of my nicks which I used longer...

La_La

At first i was as lalala...that's bcs it's melodical, like u'r singing smth

why ravi_me ...
after lalala, i cut one 'la' part and was La_La... then i saw some ppl began using my nick..grrr... and ppl who knew me , they even talked to other lalas, they thought that was me. So i came as fghjk, hoped no one would take it... BUT one day i saw smb took my nick again. then i chose ravi_me... In my language, it means 'I dunno' ... I really dunno which nick to choose that other ppl wudn't take it. AND IMAGINE i saw someone whose nick was 'ravi' ... Then I chose LALA again and after that I come as LALAAAAAAAAAA and will be forever and ever and ever....

omg, my private alws was full of such questions: "are you azeri" ..or even they used to address me on the azeri language. All the time they used to ask me that and it was pretty annoying. <_<

MassagetDate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 10:41 AM | Message # 12
Colonel
LALA, I like Marisha. smile

I remember one girl being kicked out of chat for being Lala. biggrin

LeoDate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 12:25 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
My nick is my name smile

LALA, Why didn't you tell when you had man's nick and avatar in chat?:laugh:

LALADate: Monday, 2009-01-12, 5:02 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Massaget, lol I haven't seen it.

Leo, I won't tell tongue

and besides tomorrow begins my studies, so I will be busy, have to study hard bcs soon comes exams surprised

Silent_GuardianDate: Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 1:36 AM | Message # 15
Newcomer
Quote (Massaget)
I like long stories and I always wanted to know where LALA cam from.

I know where LALA comes from >>> from here http://englishspeaking.ucoz.co.uk/photo/2-0-48-3
biggrin

Added (2009-01-13, 1:36 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Well, my nick... Wonder if it needs explanations? I guess no one doubts that first word describes me better smile
Originally when I was choosing nick I was listening to one band "Blind Guardian", but didn't want to take their name. So I took closest word which would describe me in the room and added _Guardian. That's it )

Message edited by Silent_Guardian - Tuesday, 2009-01-13, 1:37 AM

Forum » Main section » CHATTERBOX » Nicks - do they describe us?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024